Sunday, January 3, 2021

Hero Arts December 2020 Kit Stained Glass Card

Hero Arts December 2020 Kit Stained Glass Card

I loved seeing Jennifer McGuire's stained glass window cards so I made one with the new Hero Arts December 2020 Kit. First I attached Stick It Double sided glue paper to five white cardstock sized to fit the hope sentiment. I then die cut them all and layered four of the die cuts on top one and other. I die cut just the outline of the hope die and then embossed the hope sentiment by using Sizzix Silicone Rubber Mat and Impressions pad. This embossed the hope die without cutting through and lets you know where to color. I used a variety of Spectrum Noir Tri Blend Markers to color the letters and shape. You can be a little messy covering because it is covered with the stacked die cuts. I attached this to the bottom die cut with small dots of Lawn Fawn Glue Tube. Next you add a thick layer of Glossy Accents inside the letter wells. Use a pin to pop bubbles and spread the glue into the corners and let dry. Attached the last hope die cut to the top to cover and stray marks. While the glue was drying I used antistatic EK Powder Tool and then stamped the large sunray stamp twice with Versamark pad and then with Hero Arts Sun Drop  Reactive ink. I then used WOW Clear Sparkle embossing Powder and heat set. I love how sparkly the sunrays are and the stained glass technique for Hope.


To make this card I used:

Stamps: Hero Arts December 2020 Kit

Paper: Neenah #110 Crest Solar White Cardstock, CTMH Daisy White and Lagoon Cardstock

Ink: Hero Arts Lemon Drop Reactive Ink, CTMH Lagoon Exclusive Ink

Accessories: Sizzix Silicone Rubber Mat & Impressions Pad, Spectrum Noir Tri Blend Markers, Glossy Accents, Versamark Pad, WOW Clear Sparkle Embossing Powder Lawn Fawn Glue Tube, and Scotch 1/2. Double Sided Foam Tape


I entered this card in the Paper Player's Theme Challenge PP522




3 comments:

  1. Vivian, this card is amazing! I am in awe of the stained glass look you created and how you created it. The die cut is beautiful and you used it perfectly. On another note, this is certainly a message we all could use for 2021! Thank you for inspiring us over at The Paper Players this week. I look forward to seeing more of your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is wonderful! What a cool stained glass look...and a wonderfully thoughtful card to send to someone who needs a lift! Thanks for playing with my "new" Paper Players challenge!

    ReplyDelete